Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What Does it Mean to be an RST?

by Miranda D., Special Tree Rehabilitation Services Technician

I love working in a place where I am needed by other people, it brings me the most satisfaction. I love to give and to serve other people.  My heart is so big for the clients at the residential home where I work.  It brings me so much joy knowing that I can be there for them.  This is the best job I’ve ever had and for that I don’t ever plan on leaving.

My best memory at Special Tree is every single day that I’ve worked here; sure I could select certain times that I’ve done something fun with a client, like doing their hair or going on a community outing, but I ultimately value these people on a daily basis and love taking care of their needs.

The clients have made such an impact in my life and I enjoy showing them just how important they are to me. I would only want the same from someone else if I was in their position, wouldn’t you? “Living the Science of Caring” means making an effort each and every day.  It’s stepping out of our comfort zone, pushing yourself to do your best, and keeping a positive attitude so we can best serve our clients.

My time here in the last three years has been unforgettable. The clients have changed me forever and for that I am honored to know and provide care to such wonderful individuals. What a privilege we have to work here and to be a part of this fantastic “family”. I know even if I didn’t work here, I’d still come back to visit. How could you stay away?

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment